To ensure the good and healthy entertainment in accordance with the provisions of the Cinematograph Act 1952 and the Cinematograph (Certification) Rules 1983.
- To ensure healthy entertainment, recreation and education to the public.
- To make the certification process transparent and responsible.
- To create awareness among advisory panel members, media and film makers about the guidelines for certification and current trend in films through workshops and meetings.
- To adopt modern technology for certification process through computerization of certification process and upgradation of infrastructure.
- To maintain transparency about Board’s activities through voluntary disclosures, implementation of e-governance, prompt replies to RTI queries and publication of annual report.
- To develop CBFC as a Centre of Excellence.